Saturday, December 11, 2010

Melting Nazis? Count Me In!


   I've always felt a kind of kinship with Indiana Jones. Hello, fellow archaeologist from Indiana! Okay, so I'm not technically an archaeologist yet. I'm just an archaeologist in spirit. But I think that counts for something. Right?
   Oh, yeah. So what do dancing girls have to do with Indiana Jones? The opening credits of Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. I had already gotten my fill of melting (and exploding! Exploding!) Nazis from the Lost Ark, and then dancing girls in tophats and sequined booty shorts? Make my day, why don'cha, Indiana???
   Incidentally, the special effects for those melting-and-exploding Nazis are really fucking creepy for Ye Olde Days of film making, so I'm gonna go ahead and leave the nightmare-inducing pictures off of here. Instead, I'm opting for my favorite scene in the Lost Ark; Sabre-Wielding Arab Ninja Vs. Indy!

No comments:

Post a Comment